Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Procrastination



I thought I was the only one who procrastinated so systematically!  Still haven't gotten my stuff done, though.  It is beginning to depress me, but what isn't depressing me these days?  I'm unhappy about my injuries, unhappy about my lack of exercise due to my injuries, unhappy about my upcoming performance review, unhappy about my fucked up association with a psychopath (enough said on that topic)....  Well, it isn't all bad.  I'm enjoying the ever loving fuck out of this weather and the brightly popping flowers and the green peppering on the trees.

Also, I'm going to Chicago soon, which is equal parts stressful and exhilarating.  Invigorating because traveling by yourself to such a large city is unadulterated wondrousness.  One of those grand adventure type deals, the romanticism of which is only magnified by the fact that I'm taking the train up.  At the same time, I'm anxious and worry unnecessarily about something going massively wrong - like missing my train or getting mugged while carting around my luggage.  Also, I fret about social stuff (seriously, I'm basically a hermit, people, stop dragging me out of my cave).

However, I'll get to spend ginormous amounts of time with one of my favorite ladies on this earth and she lives on the lake, which will be lovely.  In addition, I'll see one of my childhood heroes, Mr. Thom Yorke, in concert for the very first time (with that delightful nutball, Flea, no less.  Man, how great would it be if Flea could get Thom to play naked on stage?  Awesome). Also, I'll get to wander about the museums, which I never get to do b/c no one will play tourist w/ me in Chicago (bastards, all of you).  

Oh, and the days are getting longer.  That is quite nice.  I can't tell you how much I missed our nearest star.  I need more solar rays in my life.  Better than Zoloft, if you ask me.  I'm rather like a cat in that respect.

Finally, there is a boy who sorta likes me.  It makes me smile to think about being entangled with him - he is a good man. 

Yep.  That's about it. 

Welcome to my stream of consciousness.


Om shanti.