Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Growl

I must have awoke on the proverbial wrong side of the bed this morning 'cause I'm not coping too well with unexpected losses recently. To be more specific--

1) I’ve lost any semblance of faith in God/"a higher power."  When this realization first occurred to me Saturday night--or when I first consciously noticed the occurrence--the feeling was exhilarating and empowering. Today, it has dawned on me that I'm suffering from what could only be described as a hang-over, following my little power trip. [More on this pet topic (specifically anti-theism and spiritual relativism) when I can find the time.]

2) I’ve lost my lover for the second time. Implications are obvious--especially given the resurgence of my libido.

3) I’ve lost the sun (or, at least, direct sunlight). A-ha! You know, the Hindus (probably others, too) think of the sun as a masculine energy, as do many think of God in the masculine, as was my lover masculine *wimpers*

It looks as if I am suffering from a lack of outside masculinity at the moment. A funny little irony given my feministic world view. Real funny.

Grrrr.....