Friday, October 9, 2009

She put a spell on me...

In follow-up to my entry just prior to this one, tragically, when I arrived at page thirty-six of the free online version of Crow Planet, either the reader started acting up, or Hachette is incredibly brilliant about precisely where to leave off on a free book, b/c the entire rest of the second chapter was missing.  Now, I'm going to have to go to the bookstore/library in order to find out exactly what those crows were up to with that moss, damn it.  And what's worse, is that it is past closing time, so I won't be able to enjoy any more of the book tonight :( 

Looking on the bright side, I've found that the author of Crow Planet, Lyanda Lynn Haupt, writes a blog, too, and the blog is almost as compelling as the book.  I. can't. stop. reading. her. words.  Anything she has to say, I'm interested.  I'm riveted.  Write more, Lyanda.  Do it now.

And a link to the aforementioned blog--
http://thetanglednest.com/

And to a post from same--
A New Kind of Birdsong