Monday, October 19, 2009

My apologies and highest gratitude

I had planned to post something respectable tonight.  An update blog, of sorts, but I just don't have the energy to write in any depth at this time.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.  In the interim, I apologize for the clunky, fragmented entries I have been posting recently.  You might not be aware of this, but three of my last five posts are saved in private draft form.  They were published briefly, but then I decided to take each of them down for various reasons.  One I was afraid might get me into trouble at my office.  The others were not very kind.  I'm considering creating an anonymous blog for the aforementioned posts and ones like them.  I need a place where I can write openly and honestly without the fear that I am betraying someone's trust, invading someone's privacy, or airing office place grievances publicly.   It is a shame that I can not post them here, because they were well done, but the consequences would probably be too severe for me to actually do so.  Also, I would rather not be hurtful, if I can avoid it.

On an unrelated note, I met Christina and her husband this evening.  Christina is a new friend that I made via the MOBIRDS listserv.  She is also the artist who created the below collages, which she was generous enough to gift to me.  I am pleased to report that they are even more magnificent in the flesh, so to speak.  Christina also gave me a number of other marvelous collages and a lovely field guide.  Although this was our first meeting, I felt comfortable enough to speak with them in absolute frankness and sincerity.  It gives me solace to know that such kindred spirits exist in this world.  I'm looking forward to getting to know them both better in the coming days.

Om shanti <3