Friday, October 30, 2009

Celtic New Year Wonderfulness

In order to acknowledge (celebrate is too strong of a word for me) the end of the lightest days of the year and the start of the darkest days, I have a full schedule planned:

Halloween Eve - a visit to The Great Godfrey Maze (if you arrive after sunset, it morphs into a "haunted" maze booooooooooooooooooo!) and then off to my aunt's costume party (I'm attending for the booze...and the drunken hoosier antics...and, possibly, the fist fights);

Halloween Day - perhaps, the dog parade in The Central West End (assuming I can get my booty up in time) and then Fright Fest in the evening (I don't care what you guys might think, amusement parks are significantly more fun than some lamo costume party, I mean, that is unless my relatives are present);

Nov. 1 - To kick off the start of the darkest period of the year, The Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's A Death in the Family: Death & Mourning Practices in the Nineteenth Century where a person can "learn about everything morbidly Victorian"




A blessed Samhain to you :) OM shanti.